Hints on how to better use and enjoy your Nancy Jane’s Stacking Planters:
- A more even moisture retention can be achieved by either using a high quality soil with built-in moisture retention crystals or by mixing a teaspoon of the crystals (found at most nurseries or garden centers) into your potting mix.
- When mixing plants in your arrangement, be careful to select plants that all like the same growing method: Sunny, Shady, Dry or Moisture Loving Plants.
- To avoid salt buildup in your pot, use a balanced plant food without nitrates. These are great for your yard, but don’t belong in your flowerpots.
- If you water with hard water and notice a lime buildup, use a product such as Lime Away to clean your pots at the end of the season. It will restore them to their original charm.
- If you wish to plant a tall tower up to nine tiers high for herbs, strawberry fields or if you just want to make a dramatic statement in your landscape, the use of a metal dowel placed through the pots into the soil will secure them against heavy winds, children and pets.